We've all asked ourselves at one point: "How to remove dark circles under my eyes?"
Dark circles under your eyes and eye bags are common men's complaints.
Thankfully, this is more of a cosmetic problem than a medical one.
Nevertheless, dark circles under your eyes make you look older and make you look tired. And you'll probably have people asking you, "did you get enough sleep last night?".
Unlike the ladies, we can't use makeup to hide this problem (without getting strange looks).
So how do guys get rid of bags under their eyes?
First, let's look at the causes. Then we'll give you the solutions.
What causes bags under a man's eyes?
If you're not drinking enough and you're dehydrated, the skin under your eyes looks dull, and your eyes look sunken.
If you oversleep or stay up a few hours later than usual, you'll find your skin dull and pale.
This paleness makes the blood vessels under your eyelids more apparent.
Lack of sleep causes also causes a fluid buildup under your eyelids, which makes them appear puffy.
As you age, your skin becomes thinner. As you lose the fat and collagen in your skin, the blood vessels under your eyelids become more visible, and this makes the area under your eyes darker.
Yep - staring at that laptop all day is not particularly good for your eyes. If your eyes become strained, the blood vessels around your eyes enlarge, giving the appearance of darker eyes.
Allergic reactions can trigger dark circles and eye bags. It triggers your body to release histamines as a response to the harmful bacteria.
And this causes your blood vessels to dilate, making them more visible under the skin.
How To Remove Dark Circles and Eye Bags
Sleep at least 8 hours a night
Getting the sleep you need helps reduce the appearance of dark circles. Allow yourself 7-8 hours of rest every night to prevent dark circles from appearing.
Pro tip: use an extra pillow. Keeping your head at an angle prevents fluid from building up in your lower eyelids, which causes your eyes to appear puffy the next day.
Stop rubbing your eyes
Continually rubbing your eyes can damage the blood vessels in your eyelids and the skin under your eyes.
Get medical help to treat your allergies
Some allergies can cause eye bags and result in the darkening of the skin. If you're worried, consult a doctor.
Does smoking cause eye bags? Smokers - we know you don't want to hear this - but yes, it does. Tobacco smoke damages your skin.
Overhaul your diet
Salty foods dehydrate you, and as we mentioned above, dehydration causes eye-bags and dark circles.
Take vitamins - especially vitamin A and vitamin C. Here's an unusual one for you - eat more pineapple - it contains Bromelain that prevents swelling.
Avoid alcohol and stay hydrated
Drinking alcohol makes you dehydrated. If you can't stop altogether, make sure you're accompanying it with plenty of water.
Keep a bottle of water beside you at all times and set yourself a goal - you should drink at least eight glasses a day.
Apply a cold compress
A cold compress is not only soothing. It shrinks dilated blood vessels and reduces the appearance of eye bags.
You'll see an instant difference - wrap a few ice-cubes in a clean cloth and apply it to your eyes. Ideally, stand outside in your garden or on a balcony and let the wind cool down your eyes.
Invest in an eye serum
Applying an eye serum every morning and evening takes only a few seconds. Still, it can make a world of difference.
Eye serums work by hydrating the thin skin under your eyes, helping to keep it elastic and smooth.
Natural ingredients that remove dark circles under eyes
Rosehip Seed Oil:
- Moisturising, hydrating, and packed with antioxidants.
- Rosehip oil is a fruit oil extracted from the hip or fruit of the rose.
- An excellent natural source of vitamin C, antioxidants, and fatty acids.
- Perfect for repairing your hair and scalp and damaged skin (remember the scalp is skin too).
- It's an effective moisturizer for your scalp and hair and won't weigh fine, thinning hair down – it gives you bounce and body.
Bilberry Fruit Extract:
- It helps even out your skin tone and reduces dark circles.
- Bilberry is high in antioxidants and gentle fruit acids that help stabilize cell membranes, strengthen capillaries, reduce redness, tone and rejuvenate your skin.
- The bilberry herb is renowned for its ability to even out the skin tone and reduces dark circles.
- It's a natural skin toner that tightens puffy skin. The antioxidants in grapefruit also have an exfoliating, lifting, and refreshing effect on the skin, which means your skin will look more youthful with consistent use.
- Coenzyme Q10 is a vitamin-like compound also called ubiquinone.
- Most effective protection against free radicals, as it shields you from environmental damage, strengthens capillary blood walls (the darkness underneath your eyes), and reduces puffiness.
- It protects skin cells from environmental damage.
- Considered an antioxidant superhero, it provides deep moisturizing to soften skin and calm inflammation.
If you're looking for powerful, effective natural men's eye serum - give our i-zone: Eye Serum For Dark Circles a try.
Our super concentrated gel reduces the appearance of puffiness, wrinkles, dark circles, and even dry skin around your eyes.
Your eyes will feel instantly revived, and the cooling formula will clear up those bags and dark circles under your eyes.
We believe this is the best under eye cream for men - and we know you'll agree.
This anti-fatigue eye serum consists of Coenzyme Q10, Rosehip Seed Oil, Bilberry Fruit Extract, Grapefruit Peel Oil, and other plant ingredients sourced from the Australian Outback.
Make sure to follow these tips to remove dark circles under your eyes and look fresh, no matter what time of the day it is!