70 Natural Men's Skin Care Ingredients
You work hard, you eat well, and you go to the gym. So why put unhealthy, unnatural ingredients onto your skin and hair? You deserve more than that. You deserve the best. In fact, you deserve a whole list of the best men's grooming ingredients.
Our award-winning natural men's grooming products consist of the finest natural and organic Australian Botanicals. The result? You get healthy, youthful skin and stronger, shinier hair.
We only use the best men's grooming ingredients: no harmful synthetic chemicals, artificial fragrances, or unnecessary colors.
Free from parabens, phthalates, glycols, mineral oil, baking soda, DEA, TEA, ethanol, and lanolin.
What are "all natural ingredients"?
In a nutshell, all-natural ingredients come from nature. It includes mineral, plant, animal, and microbial ingredients - anything not created in a laboratory.
Because they're natural, all of these are considered creme de la creme - so dive in and discover the best men's grooming ingredients!
1. Algae Extract
It helps fight hair loss by reducing scalp inflammation caused by bacterial infections. Promotes hair growth and makes it shine and high in volume.
- You'll find Algae Extract in our Anti-Aging products.
Allantoin is a compound found in most living organisms, including plants and animals. It has anti-inflammatory, healing, calming, and nourishing properties that help stimulate healthy skin cells' growth.
- You can find allantoin in many VITAMAN products, including our Natural After Shave Balm.
3. Aloe Vera Leaf Juice
Aloe Vera's nourishing and hydrating properties are due to a combination of Vitamins A and B, folic acid, enzymes, proteins, amino acids, good fatty acids, and triglycerides.
Applying Aloe Vera to your face helps moisturize your skin. It can treat various skin conditions like acne, eczema, and sunburn.
- We use Aloe Vera Leaf Juice in several products, like our Natural Men's Face Moisturizer.
4. Alpha Hydroxy Acids
AHA's allow skin cells to be gently exfoliated, promoting stimulation of cell renewal, helping counteract the effects of aging & improving skin texture.
AHA's are naturally occurring acids found in fruits & plants which help to exfoliate the top layer of dead skin cells.
AHAs also have a moisturizing effect on the skin by increasing the upper skin's moisture content, smoothing out fine lines & wrinkles, and reducing dryness & combating flakiness. AHA's improves skin texture for a better shaving surface. It's considered one of the best men's grooming ingredients.
- You can find AHA's throughout the VITAMAN range, including our Face Scrub For Men.
Argireline is composed of chains of amino acids known as peptides. It inhibits the movement of facial muscles, without the injections!
Click here to read our in-depth guide about Argireline!
- We use Argireline in our Natural Men's Face Moisturizer.
6. Australian Active Clay (Kaolin)
Australian Active Clay is rich in minerals and helps draws out toxins like a magnet. This ancient clay mud is sourced naturally and contains over 35 active minerals.
When applied to your skin, this clay allows your skin's surface cells to eliminate toxins and excess water while absorbing the active minerals.
- You will find Kaolin in our Men's Clay Mud Mask.
7. Australian Sea Salt
Australian Sea Salt contains trace minerals which de-clog your pores and relieve congestion. It's this congestion that contributes to ingrown hairs and acne. The salt invigorates your skin, promoting circulation and healthy skin turnover.
It has essential oils like Macadamia Nut Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Coconut Oil, and other unique plant ingredients sourced from the Australian Outback.
It's a gentle exfoliant for leaving skin feeling smooth - it's definitely one of the best men's grooming ingredients!
- We use Australian Sea Salt in our Best Men's Body Scrub.
8. Argan Oil
Argan Oil is full of fatty acids such as oleic acid and linoleic acid, and it's rich in Vitamin E. It gives your hair and scalp a fatty layer, which helps prevent men's dry scalp and dry, coarse, frizzy hair.
- We use Argan Oil in a number of our natural skin and hair care products, such as our Revitalizing Leave-In Hair Conditioner.
9. Bamboo Powder
Bamboo powder is a great natural exfoliator and anti-acne ingredient. It creates a more stable and healthy environment on the skin's surface. It means the cells are less likely to become irritated or inflamed when the pores secrete toxins and excess sebum.
- We use Bamboo Powder in our Face Scrub For Men.
10. Bilberry Fruit Extract
Bilberry Fruit Extract helps even out your skin tone and reduces dark circles. It is high in antioxidants and gentle fruit acids that help stabilize cell membranes, strengthen capillaries, reduce redness, tone and rejuvenate your skin.
- We use Bilberry Fruit Extract in many of our natural men's grooming products, including our Eye Serum For Men.
11. Birch Leaf Extract
Birch Leaf Extract is known for its purifying and detoxifying effects.
- We use Birch Leaf Extract in our Moisturizing Conditioner For Men.
12. Black Mountain Pepper Oil
Extracted from the Tasmanian Mountain Pepper, Black Mountain Pepper Oil increases the circulation. It warms the muscles without a burning effect on the skin.
It increases local blood flow wherever it is applied - the warmth and circulation stimulating the recovery of stressed joints and muscular aches. It's on our list for the best men's grooming ingredients for a reason!
- You can find Black Mountain Pepper Oil in our Men's Shaving Oil.
13. Blue Cypress Oil
Blue Cypress Oil has a long-lasting woody base note with earthy and smoky undertones. The oil's antibacterial properties help soothe skin while cleansing and conditioning.
- We use Blue Cypress Oil in our Men's Dry Scalp Treatment and Ocean Deodorant.
14. Carnauba Wax
Carnauba wax comes from the leaves of Carnauba Palm. It gives your hair hold without making strands stiff or dry.
- You'll find Carnauba in our Men's Hair Clay (Matt Mud).
15. Capsicum Annuum Fruit Extract
Paprika (Capsicum Annuum) is a spice derived from the Capsicum pepper. It is rich in vitamin C and contains more vitamin C than lemon juice by weight.
Paprika is also high in other antioxidants, containing about 10% of the Açaí berries level.
- You'll find Capsicum in our Men's Face Cleanser.
16. Cedarwood Bark Oil
Cedarwood essential oil has a balancing effect on the skin's sebaceous glands -whether they are overactive or under-active - making it excellent for dry or oily skin. It's soothing and comforting and is best known for its warm, woody aroma.
- You'll find Cedarwood Bark Oil in our Men's Body Scrub.
17. Chamomile Flower Extract
Chamomile Flower Extract is soothing, healing, and anti-inflammatory. This herbal extract also possesses antioxidant properties.
For an in-depth guide about chamomile, check out our blog Chamomile - The Complete Guide.
- You'll find Chamomile Flower Extract in our Men's Skin Serum (Skin Protector) and our Natural After Shave Balm.
18. Cinnamon Leaf Oil
Embraced by both Asian and European cultures for centuries, Cinnamon Leaf Oil calms dry skin, treats acne and rashes, and nourishes your skin. Cinnamon Oil also has a characteristic warm, spicy, cinnamon aroma and is highly antibacterial.
It also stimulates brain function and increases cognitive function, memory, and concentration.
- We use Cinnamon Leaf Oil in many of our products, including our GQ award-winning Natural Men's Deodorant (Earth).
19. Citric Acid
Works by exfoliating the upper layer of dead skin cells to help clean pores, even skin tone, and soften and smooth the skin. Using this acid in shampoos helps to reduce the pH level, thereby making the hair smoother.
- We use Citric Acid in our natural hair products and our GQ award-winning Natural Men's Deodorant (Earth).
20. Comfrey Leaf Extract
Comfrey is traditionally used to heal damaged skin, ulcers, and chapped skin. It is mainly due to one of its active ingredients - allantoin - a powerful cell proliferator.
- You'll find Comfrey Leaf Extract in our Men's Skin Serum (Skin Protector) and our Natural After Shave Balm.
21. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has antioxidant properties and assists in soothing and calming your skin. It also reduces inflammation, moisturizes your skin, and softens stubble.
- We use Coconut Oil throughout the VITAMAN range of Natural Men's Grooming Products, including our Natural Shave Oil.
22. Cucumber Extract
Composed of proteins, lipids, Vitamin C, and various minerals, Cucumber Oil possesses moisturizing properties. It also has an astringent effect and can soothe and relieve puffy skin.
This non-irritating plant extract is also great for puffy eyes. Research shows that the cucumber's lutein component can affect suppressing melanogenesis. It is a process that leads to skin discolorations.
- You can find Cucumber Extract in our Shaving Gel.
23. Eucalyptus Leaf Oil
Eucalyptus Leaf Oil has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties. When applied to your skin, it feels cool, helping you feel comfortable after shaving.
- We use Eucalyptus Leaf Oil in our Natural Shaving Gel and our Men's Deodorant (Ocean).
24. Evening Primrose Oil
Evening Primrose Oil helps restore moisture to dry skin. Evidence indicates that Evening Primrose Oil is useful in treating eczema, psoriasis, and dry skin.
- You'll find Evening Primrose Oil in our Thickening Hair Treatment For Men (Hair Food).
25. Eyebright Extract
Eyebright Extract tightens and firms the skin around your eyes and reduces puffiness.
- Our Men's Eye Serum (I-Zone) contains Eyebright Extract.
26. Grape Seed Extract
Grape Seed is rich in vitamin E, which protects the skin and assists in collagen production while improving skin tone.
- We use Grape Seed Extract in our Skin Protector.
27. Grapefruit Seed Oil
Grapefruit Seed Oil is a natural skin toner that tightens puffy skin. The antioxidants in Grapefruit also have toning, exfoliating, lifting, and refreshing effects on the skin.
- We use Grapefruit Seed Oil in our Men's Anti-Aging Skin Serum (Skin Protector) and Men's Eye Serum (I-Zone)
28. Hydrolyzed Sweet Almond
This conditioning protein is derived from almond to promote healthy hair.
- You'll find Hydrolyzed Sweet Almond in our Men's Leave-In Hair Conditioner.
29. Jojoba Seed Oil
Jojoba Seed Oil is effective in treating skin conditions like acne, eczema, and psoriasis.
- We use Jojoba Seed Oil throughout our range of award-winning Natural Men's Skincare Products.
30. Sea Salt Water
We use Sea Salt Water (Sodium Hydroxide) in small amounts, across our range of products. It's a highly alkaline ingredient used to establish and hold a product's pH.
- We use Sea Salt Water throughout our range of award-winning Natural Men's Skincare Products.
31. Kakadu Plum Extract
It contains 100x more vitamin C than an orange. Kakadu plums are the highest natural source of vitamin C in the world. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that supports the immune system, cognition, collagen synthesis, iron absorption, and heart health.
For an in-depth guide about Kakadu Plum, check out our blog Kakadu Plum For Skin - The Complete Guide.
- We use Kakadu Plum Extract in our Skin Protector and throughout our range of Natural Men's Hair Products.
32. Lactic Acids
Lactic Acids smooth and promote flexibility to your skin's surface. Milk acids also help breakdown clogged skin cells, making new cells underneath to give your skin a clean, glowing look.
- You'll find Lactic Acids in our Men's Anti Wrinkle Serum and Natural Deodorant (Ocean).
33. Lavender Oil
Lavender Oil can lessen acne and reduce wrinkles. It also helps lighten the skin.
- Lavender Oil is a big part of our Men's Anti-Aging Products.
34. Lemon Myrtle Leaf Oil
The Australian Aborigines use lemon Myrtle as a tonic plant. It's often boiled and drunk as tea or used as a lotion for the skin.
Lemon Myrtle tightens your pores and reduces irritation. It can also help heal skin infections and acne.
For an in-depth guide about lemon myrtle, check out our blog Amazing Skin Benefits of Lemon Myrtle.
- We use Lemon Myrtle Leaf Oil in several products, including our Natural Men's Face Scrub.
35. Lime Oil
Lime Oil treats and protects against skin infections.
- You'll find Lime Oil in some of our hair products, including our Shampoo For Men With Oily Hair.
36. Macadamia Seed Oil
Macadamia Seed Oil acts as a moisturizer for dry or aging skin. It softens the skin by supplying it with essential fatty acids.
- Macadamia Oil can is a crucial ingredient in our Men's Body Scrub (Sea Salt Body Scrub).
37. Marine Collagen
Re pairs skin collagen and elastin protein fibers and produce a significant thickening of the outer skin surface (epidermis). Human studies have reported decreased wrinkles and improved skin hydration and firmness following marine collagen supplementation.
- We use Marine Collagen in our Men's Face Mask.
Menthol helps give the skin a cooling sensation, improves the scent of products, and may reduce mild pain when used topically.
- We use Menthol in our After Shave Balm.
39. Mulberry Root Extract
Mulberry Root Extract helps to moisturize and soften your skin. It also helps even out skin tone, nourishes your skin, and improves your skin's firmness. It also provides anti-inflammatory properties.
- We use Mulberry Root Extract in our Men's Face Mask.
40. Nettle Extract
Nettle is a hardy perennial with a long history of use. It serves as a herbal tonic with good nutritional and anti-inflammatory qualities.
- You'll find Nettle Extract in our Men's Moisturizing Shampoo.
41. Palmetto Fruit Extract
This treatment for male pattern baldness assists in promoting hair growth.
- We use Palmetto Fruit Extract in our Men's Hair Thickening Products.
42. Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5)
Panthenol conditions and strengthens your hair and skin, leaving it soft and smooth.
- You'll find Panthenol throughout our range of Natural Men's Grooming Products,
43. Patchouli Oil
Patchouli Oil has antibacterial and deodorizing properties. It is recognizable for its masculine aroma, and it cools and calms inflamed skin.
Patchouli Oil also tones, tightens, and smoothes skin. It also helps reduce irritated skin and blemishes, making it perfect for a friction-free shave.
- We use Patchouli Oil in our Men's Shaving Products.
44. Pawpaw Fruit Extract
Pawpaw Fruit Extract has powerful antiseptic properties and proven skin-healing abilities. It's highly soothing and an anti-irritant.
Pawpaw Fruit Extract's proteolytic enzyme exfoliates dead and damaged cells, enhancing skin smoothness and encouraging cell renewal.
45. Peppermint Oil
Peppermint Oil stimulates circulation, which brings fresh blood supply to your skin cells.
It feeds and nourishes your hair follicles to promote hair growth. It's also an excellent natural antibacterial that leaves your skin and hair clean and fresh.
- We use Peppermint Oil in our Men's Hair Thickening Products.
46. Plankton Extract
Plankton Extract has a proven ability to aid cellular repair. It can revitalize aged skin and improve your complexion. Plankton Extract also contains DNA repair enzymes that promote skin recovery.
- You'll find Plankton Extract in our Men's Face Mask (Age Control).
47. Quandong Seed Extract
Quandong Seed Extract is high in Vitamin C. It's excellent for treating sore, itchy, dry skin and controlling skin irritations and inflammation.
Quandong is a native peach fruit found in the central desert of Australia. High in protein and Vitamin C - it has been used for thousands of years. Quandong seeds are rich in essential fatty acids that contain the quality protein that nourishes and protects your hair.
- We use Qauandong Seed Extract throughout our range of Natural Men's Hair Care Products.
48. Rosehip Seed Oil
Rosehip Seed Oil has moisturizing, hydrating, and antioxidant properties. It's a fruit oil extracted from the hip or fruit of the rose.
It's an excellent natural source of vitamin C. It has a long history as a medicinal herbal remedy in teas, syrups, and tinctures.
The Rosehip seed contains a host of other essential vitamins, antioxidants, and fatty acids that make Rose Hip Oil an excellent natural ingredient.
- We use Rosehip Seed Oil in our Eye Serum For Men.
49. Rosella Flower Extract
The extract from this Australian Hibiscus flower is high in natural phenols that absorb and repel free radicals while protecting the skin.
- Rosella Flower Extract is a part of our products, including our Natural Men's Face Moisturizer.
50. Rosemary Oil
Rosemary Oil stimulates your hair follicles, making them stronger. It's known to also soothe and condition your hair, skin, and scalp.
- You'll find Rosemary Oil in our Men's Hair Thickening Products.
51. Sage Leaf Extract
Sage stimulates blood circulation to the surface of the skin. The blood supply brings healthy nutrients to your hair follicles.
It contains antioxidants that provide the body with natural protection against free radicals and help reverse aging signs. The antibacterial properties in the oil can fight skin infections, and it naturally regulates the sebum production in oily complexions.
- You'll find Sage Leaf Extract throughout our range of Natural Men's Grooming Products.
52. Saxifrage Sarmentosa
Saxifrage Sarmentosa reduces the appearance of age spots, skin discoloration, and hyperpigmentation.
It provides antioxidant activity and protection while promoting skin brightness and a healthier complexion.
- You'll find Saxifrage Sarmentosa in our Men's Face Mask (Age Control).
53. Seaweed Extract
Seaweed extract is packed with vitamins and minerals and has many skin healing properties.
It promotes skin hydration as well as skin tightening. It has anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties. Seaweed also accelerates the skin's natural repair process while providing added protection from the harsh environmental elements in the air and water.
- You'll find Seaweed Extract in our Men's Anti-Aging Skin Serum (Skin Protector).
54. Xanthan Gum
Xanthan Gum is a natural vegetarian ingredient derived from corn. We use Xanthan Gum to naturally thicken our products, making them easier to apply to your skin.
- You'll find Xantham Gum throughout our range of Natural Men's Grooming Products.
55. Sea Salt
Sea salt helps to cleanse pores deeply, balance oil production, and eliminate bacteria.
- You'll find sea salt in our Sea Salt Body Scrub.
56. Shea Butter
Natural butter from the Shea nut has excellent moisturizing, emollient, and humectant benefits to the skin. It contains high concentrations of fatty acids and vitamins, which soften the skin.
Shea Butter accelerates cell renewal and repairs the hydrolipidic film that retains optimal moisture levels and gives the skin its strength. It leaves the skin supple, hydrated, and protected, and it also has anti-inflammatory and healing properties.
- Shea Butter is a crucial part of many of our products, including our Face Scrub For Men.
The mineral silica is an essential nutrient for connective tissue in the skin. It is vital for optimal collagen synthesis and skin elasticity.
- We use Silica in our Best Men's Body Scrub.
58. Skullcap Extract
Skullcap Extract has anti-inflammatory and skin hydrating properties. It helps promote skin brightening giving a more healthy look to the skin.
Skullcap Extract is also known to reduce oil on the hair and skin.
- You can find Skullcap Extract in our Men's Face Mask (Age Control).
59. Soybean Oil
Soybean Oil protects the skin from UV rays. It contains antioxidant properties to protect skin cells from free radical damage and keep the skin healthy and young. The Vitamin E in soybean oil keeps the skin smooth and healthy.
- Our Natural Shave Oil contains Soybean Oil.
60. Spearmint Leaf Oil
Spearmint has a lot of vitamins, antioxidants, and vital nutrients. It helps calm skin and relieves itching.
- You can find Spearmint in many VITAMAN products, including our Natural After Shave Balm.
61. Squalane (Olive)
Its highly valued chemical properties help moisturize and deeply hydrate the skin, hair, and body without leaving a greasy, oily finish.
62. Sweet Orange Peel Oil
Sweet Orange Peel Oil has an uplifting and energizing aroma. It has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, making it an ideal ingredient in your skin and hair routine.
- We use Sweet Orange Peel Oil in our Natural Moisturizing Shampoo for Men.
63. Ubiquinone (Co-Enzyme Q10)
Co-Enzyme Q10 is a vitamin-like compound also called ubiquinone. It provides adequate protection against free radicals, shields your skin from environmental damage, and strengthens blood capillary walls.
It's also an essential component of cells and is necessary for mitochondrial energy production.
Years of research has shown that CoQ10 supports healthy cardiovascular and immune system functions in addition to its vital role in energy production, so it's no wonder it's on the list for the best men's grooming ingredients.
For an in-depth guide about Ubiqunone, check out our blog Ubiquinone's Skin Benefits.
- We use CoQ10 in our Men's Anti-Aging Skin Serum (Skin Protector) and Men's Eye Serum (I-Zone)
64. Vitamin E (Tocopheryl Acetate)
Vitamin E helps protect skin cells from environmental damage. Considered an antioxidant superhero, it provides deep moisturizing to soften dry skin.
- You'll find Vitamin E throughout our range of natural men's grooming products, including our Skin Protector Serum.
65. Walnut Shell Powder
Finely crushed walnut shells gently exfoliate dry, dead skin cells on the body.
- We use Walnut Shell Powder in our Face Scrub For Men and Best Men's Body Scrub.
66. White Tea Leaf Extract
One of the best ingredients in men's grooming products - white tea is a lightly oxidized tea. Studies have shown that white tea has an anti-inflammatory effect on the skin and can strengthen and protect the skin matrix.
Its rejuvenating impact sets it apart from other tea-based skincare agents. White tea can also provide partial protection from UV damage caused by the sun. Because of all of these amazing qualities, it's one of the best men's grooming ingredients out there!
- You'll find White Tea Leaf in all our Natural Men's Grooming Products.
67. Witch Hazel Water
Naturally astringent, antiseptic, and cooling, Witch Hazel Water is an excellent cleanser, tonic, and toner for the skin. It also aids in the cleansing of the skin's pores and helps stimulate the skin.
- You'll find Witch Hazel Water across our range of Natural Men's Grooming Products.
68. Willow Bark Extract
The exfoliating properties of Willow Bark mean it is essential for scalp exfoliation. It removes dirt and product build-up from the scalp and helping to shift dead skin cells.
Willow Bark in hair products also helps control excess sebum on the scalp, leaving strands looking healthy and balanced. It's overall one of the best men's grooming ingredients on the market.
- You'll find Willow Bark Extract in our Natural Hair Products For Men.
69. Ylang Ylang Flower Oil
Regulates oil production in the skin and hair to prevent excessive dryness and oiliness. Because of that, it soothes inflammation and irritation on the body and the scalp while strengthening skin and hair.
- You'll find Ylang Ylang Flower Oil in our Men's Dry Scalp Treatment.
Zinc is an essential mineral that helps the body inside and out. In addition, due to its anti-inflammatory effects, Zinc is especially beneficial for inflammatory acne and related scarring.
- You'll find Zinc in selected Men's Skincare Products and our Men's Dry Scalp Treatment.
Now you know what the best men's grooming ingredients are, therefore you've got no excuse not to look for the best products available.
In addition, you may not have all of those ingredients available, but in most physical stores (lets not even mention online) - you'll be able to find a lot of these amazing ingredients.
Leave a comment